Sponsored by ArtLab Fort Collins, the Pop Up Art Carts were conceived of by Bonnie Lebesch as a way to showcase local artists and build awareness of the arts culture and First Friday events to the downtown public.
Pop Up Art Carts will be taking place in Old Town Square all summer long. We’ll be taking to the streets first Fridays and Saturdays, third Thursdays and every Sunday from April through October. Events are FREE to approved artists. Sales are handled by the artists with NO commission fees. Sales Tax licensing applies.
Join the movement — become a Pop Up Cartist
Interested in bringing art to the streets of Old Town with your very own Pop Up Art Cart? Visit our Setup Guide Now. There is a step-by-step for how to Fill out the Pop Up Art Cartist application. and select the dates/times you’d like to go out into the Square. Participants are hand selected based on quality, innovation, and originality. New artists can be added throughout the Art Cart season.
What does a Pop Up Art Cart look like?
Just about anything! Got an old typewriter table? Use it. Is woodworking your thing? Build yourself a beautiful, beechwood art cart. Each artist creates their own, one-of-a-kind cart. The parameters are minimal:
1) The cart must be people-powered,
2) Have wheels and,
3) Fit through the front door of Art Lab,
4) Consider lighting — Pop Up Art Carts can be out after dark.
- October 20, 2017Beehive Art Haus Spotlights Chris Dinkleman
- October 21, 2017 11:00 amPop Up Art Carts Meet Up :: End of Season Wrap Up
- October 21, 2017 11:00 amOneBeat Audio Visual Performance
- October 22, 2017 2:00 pmFractal Tribe Acro Yoga