For all contracted and confirmed Art Lab collaborators:
Once you contract is approved and prior to your event / exhibition:
We’ll need any promotional information you have for the event/workshop so we can add it to the Art Lab website, if you’d like our help promoting it. Please send:
- Text-free JPEG image that will look good on the landing page of the Art Lab site: 1300 pixels wide x 465 pixels high, 144 DPI.
- If you have a poster or postcards to promote the event, please drop them off at Art Lab – you can hang the poster in the window.
- We’ll pick up your description from your contract.
Rules for using the space and other smart questions:
- Art Lab has a maximum occupancy of 49.
- First Friday artists move out end of day Sunday (after 7pm) or the following morning.
- You may be sharing the space with other visual artists and/or live performers. The more the merrier, right?
- Art and event SALES ARE PERMITTED. There is NO COMMISSION taken by Art Lab Fort Collins. If you sell it, you keep it.
If you sell something, you are required to collect sales tax and pay City sales taxes.
- You CAN host a reception in the space, but no alcoholic beverages are permitted without first obtaining a Liquor License through the proper channels at the City of Fort Collins. Sounds boring, huh? Just get creative — who wouldn’t love to attend an art opening that served milk shakes?
- Yes, the space is insured.
- Clean up after yourself. Remember, if you do not follow the Art Lab checklist and the main space or the back room is a mess, you will be charged accordingly.
- You CAN teach a class in the space. We have tables and chairs, and LOVE the idea of a hands-on learning experience. (Classes only require a one-day commitment).
- If you don’t show up to your event, the $50 deposit will not be returned.
- If you cancel your event within 60 days of your start date, the $50 deposit will not be returned.
- Share your Facebook, Instagram and web pages. We’ll do our part to promote YOUR Art Lab experience.
Marketing your show is your responsibility:
- Websites are a great way to get many eyes on your work. You can create your own website for free using sites such as wix.com and weebly.com.
- Create accounts on free online marketplaces like fineartamerica.com, etsy.com, redbubble.com, and society6.com. They are easy to use and give customers the opportunity to order right off your site.
- Facebook and Instagram are free tools to show off your work. Utilizing social media is one of the best ways to get more eyes on your work.
- We will do our part to promote your event on Art Lab’s social media channels (1,200+ followers on Instagram and 3,300+ followers on Facebook). Email us photos that represent your work for our social media.
- Press releases and story pitches to the local media outlets are strongly encouraged. Send press releases, including a photo of your work and a killer headline to NoCo Life Reporter Erin Udell at the Coloradoan at least two weeks before your show: email@example.com.
- Add your event to all local online calendars and listings.
- Word of mouth is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to market your artwork. Invite people who you meet every day to the galleries that show your work and start conversations about why you’re passionate about creativity. Don’t forget about bank tellers, the postman, cashiers, your physicians, mechanics, etc. These people all have homes with walls that they hang some form of art on.
- Email blasts: make a poster using Word or Canva.com with a picture of your artwork, then include it in an email with a subject line such as “Check out my new artwork. Be the first to own it!”
- Make sure to include links to your websites and social media in email blasts.
- Postcards are an inexpensive way to show your work, website, and locations where your art can be seen. Gotprint.com is fast & inexpensive, you can order 500 postcards for about $35 including shipping.
- Mailing postcards to 10 homes or business a week with a stamp costs $5.50. You can also hand them to people you meet or leave them at coffee shops, etc.
- Hang posters and send invitations. You can print 11×17 copies of your poster at Office Depot for about $0.60 each.
- If you have a poster or promotional flyers feel free to hang it up in the front window of Art Lab or drop if off at Toolbox Creative (325 Cherry St., No. 104) and we’ll hang it for you.