Art Lab Fort Collins has hosted performance artists, poets, comedians, theatre troupes, dance troupes, improv groups, sound artists, special needs artists and creative workshops of all sorts.
• You may be sharing the space with other visual artists and musicians and/or live performers. The more the merrier, right?
• Participate or pay. You can offset the very small usage fees (we have to pay for supplies and stuff somehow) by volunteering your time. We do not take commissions on any sales, but do welcome donations. Visit our donations page for more info.
•Everyone can participate. Art Lab is a great launch pad for creatives to express themselves publicly for the first time. We’ve also hosted established artists, musicians with doctorates (Not Dr. John or Dr. Dre, but docs nonetheless), theatre companies and dance troupes with decades of history.
• Art Lab is a SHARED space, and other groups will be using the space during the week when you aren’t there in person.
Our thin walls, nice happy neighbors (who we want to keep as such) and our 49 person max occupancy all make us less than ideal for live music. With that in mind, we may host musicians on a case-by-case basis—bearing in mind the following.
• No fire or open flame (you’d think we would’t need to say this, but…).
• 49 person max occupancy (that includes performers).
• Don’t alter the space in a way that you can’t undo.
Check out: Our neighbors the Artery, and Cohere Bandwidth. Also visit Higher Ground and the Music District.